The following information is designed to be mutually beneficial to both the patients and our staff as policy issues arise, so at the end of treatment we’re BOTH smiling.
- Each patient’s treatment is on an individual basis. Time between appointments vary.
- Our office hours are from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm Monday – Thursday. We will attempt to accommodate your schedule if at all possible.
- We request 24 hours notice if you need to cancel an appointment. After missing an appointment without calling to cancel by the close of business on the day of the appointment; you may be subject to a $35.00 missed appointment fee.
- In case of an emergency, call our office as soon as possible if you break or loosen any of your appliances. Please do not come directly to the office. By calling us, you will allow us to create a time to see you. Even if you have a regular appointment scheduled, call us immediately to notify us if you need an appliance repaired. If you have an emergency over a weekend or holiday, please call our office immediately and follow the instructions. Our on-call assistant will get back with you to assist you.
- Lack of cooperation by the patient (such as poor brushing, not wearing rubber bands or continually missing appointments) may result in prolonged treatment time and/or additional charges. Braces can cause permanent damage to the teeth without care and supervision of an orthodontist. Cooperation by the patient is necessary to protect the teeth and gums from permanent damage. The patient/parent is responsible for maintaining good cooperation and a consistent appointment schedule in order to ensure that no damage occurs.
- A cleaning exam, along with any necessary fillings, must be completed before the braces are placed. It is your responsibility to keep regular check-ups with your general dentist. This check-up must include a thorough exam of the periodontium (gum tissue).
- The patient’s teeth should be brushed before each appointment. This can be done at our toothbrush station conveniently supplied with brushes, floss, mouthwash.
- All State and Federal OSHA regulations are strictly adhered to by Central Texas Orthodontics.
If you have any questions or queries, contact our office and we will be more than happy to answer them for you.